Annual CDE Postgraduate Forum
The 21st Annual CDE Postgraduate Forum in Diabetes Management
Emperors Palace & Convention Resort
64 Jones Road, Kempton Park, Gauteng
Friday 2 to Sunday 4 August 2019
Delegate Information & Registration
Register for Forum - Online Registration Now Closed.Please register at the Forum
21st CDE Postgraduate Forum in Diabetes Management, & National CDE AGM
Terms and Conditions of Registration
Please click on this programme link to download the programme.
Please see the Registration and other links below after reading the following important information...
We have pleasure in hosting several Official Satellite Sessions and a Dinner/Evening Symposium as part of the Forum weekend
For catering purposes, registration is required for each
Please indicate your desire to attend these events during the CDE Forum Registration Process
- Friday 2 August 2019, 08h00-12h30: The Eli Lilly Diabetes Symposium for Diabetes Educators, Doctors and other interested Health Professionals. In accordance with the South African Marketing Code the symposium is closed to spouses/partners.Due to the size of the room industry delegates who are registered for the Forum as full delegates cannot be accommodated. Details of the programme will be made available shortly. Places are limited to 300 and your early RSVP during the Forum Registration process is advised. Although attendance at this Satellite Symposium is free, delegates are responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs related to this event. We would like to thank Eli Lilly for the provision of this valuable education opportunity. Attendance will attract CPD points.
- Friday 2 August 2019, 14h00 - 16h00: The CDE National AGM. This will be a Closed Session for CDE Branches only. If you are eligible, please indicate your desire to attend this session during the Forum Registration process. Attendance will attract CPD points. Lunch will be provided to all AGM delegates from 13:00 - 14:00 in the Exhibition Hall.
- Friday 2 August 2019, 19h00: The Boehringer Ingelheim Dinner Symposium. Attendance is free to Registered Health Care Professional delegates only (RSVP required during Forum Registration process - PLACES LIMITED to 300). In accordance with the South African Marketing Code the symposium is closed to spouses/partners. Due to the size of the room industry registered delegates cannot be accommodated. Attendance will attract CPD points.
- Sunday 4 August 2019, 07h00 - 08h45:AstraZeneca Breakfast Symposium. Places are limited to 250 and your early RSVP during the Forum Registration process is advised. Due to the size of the room registered industry delegates cannot be accommodated. The Symposium is open to all registered Health Care Professionals who are attending the Forum. In accordance with the South African Marketing Code, the symposium is closed to spouses/partners. Attendance will attract CPD points.
We also have the following Social Event on the Programme:
For catering purposes, registration is required for each.
Please indicate your desire to attend these events during the CDE Forum Registration Process.
- Saturday 3 August 2019, 18h30: The CDE Annual Awards Dinner will include a formal “capping ceremony” for graduands of the One-Year Postgraduate Diploma/MSc in Diabetes presented by the University of South Wales, (Wales, UK). Attendance is free to Registered Delegates together with 1 partner (RSVP Required during Forum Registration process).
Now for a bit about the CDE Forum itself...(link to programme to follow)
Download the CDE Registration Process
The Academic and Social Forum Programme is varied and exciting. If you would like to attend this worthwhile weekend, please read the following important information carefully before proceeding to the Registration Link:
- Please complete one online Registration procedure per delegate
- You must include an e-mail address during Registration, to facilitate quick communication with you if needed;
- If you wish to obtain CPD points for the event, you will need your HPCSA / SANC / SAPC Registration number at hand when you register online. The Forum's accreditation number is MDB08/299/01/2019 and is registered for 12 CPD points.
- Method of payment: Before commencing Registration, ensure that you are 100 % sure of your method of payment - If there is any chance of your Registration fee being paid by a third-party on your behalf, please request that party to register with the CDE as a 'Corporate Partner' for this event. The Corporate Partner so registered will then be able to purchase a name-matched voucher number to cover your Registration Fee. You will then be sent an e-mail inviting you to Register via a personalised link (If you have not previously done so, you will be asked as part of this process to create a User Profile on the online CDE Education Event Management System);
- Our Banking details for Electronic Funds Transfers of Forum Registration Fees are as follows:
Standard Bank, Account Name CDE, Branch No. 004805, Acc. No. 002369257
- Please read the Terms and Conditions of Registration that you will be asked to accept during the Forum Registration Process. It contains vital information;
- Entries received by 09h00 on Monday 15 July 2019 will qualify for a discounted Early Registration Fee of R2990-00 (including VAT) to thank you for facilitating organisation of the Forum. Payment of early bird fees must be in by Thursday 18 July 2019 at 10h00.
- Thereafter, the fee for late registrations increases to R3990-00 (including VAT). Payment of late registration fees must be in by 10h00 on Friday 26 July 2019.
- Online registration for the Forum will close at 09h00 on Thursday 25 July 2019. Registrations thereafter can be done onsite. Payment in cash.
- If you need Hotel, please make your Reservations immediately. Delegates are personally responsible to book directly with the Emperors Hotel & Convention Resort. With our expected attendance of 500+ delegates, there will be a huge demand for hotel rooms. Airport shuttles may also be arranged directly with the Venue.
- The Forum Academic Sessions commence on Saturday 3 August at 08h15 and close on Sunday 4 August at 13h00. Please take note of starting and closing times of these and all Satellite Sessions and make your travel arrangements accordingly. We also request that you plan your return trip so that you are able to attend until the closure of the meeting at 13h00 on Sunday 4 August.
- 500MB of data per person per device per day is available on a complimentary basis to all delegates attending the forum. If you search for the Wifi connection "Emperors Palace", click on the free Wifi option and connect you will have access to the complimentary Wifi.
- If you are a day visitor please note that parking is included in the Conference Package. Delegates need to say that they are attending the CDE event; they will then gain complimentary access. They will be given a receipt which they need to retain to exit. This receipt does not need to be stamped or signed.
Once again, we look forward to seeing you at Emperors Palace & Convention Resort in August.